What is Closet Clutter Costing You?February 14, 2012
The National Association of Professional Organizers says that clutter can cost hundreds to even thousands of dollars each year! Most cases are tied to the closet. When you can’t find your boots or belt, not only do you lose time looking for it, but many times you give up and buy another.
Setting aside time to organize your closet can save you time and money.
Here are some quick tips:
- If you haven’t worn it in a year or if it doesn’t fit, you can toss it (donate, if in good shape). If you just can’t bear to get rid of certain items right away, mark the hanger with some colored paper. When you do wear the outfit, remove the flag.
- Group certain clothing together – shirts with shirts, pants with pants, etc.
- Break up the chore of organizing into 20-30 minute time frames so you don’t wear yourself out or become frustrated.
- Non-clothing items need to be put away.
Now, some of you don’t have time, and others are just plain intimidated by your closet. That is where we step in to help.
Carolina Closets offers inexpensive closet design up to classy custom closets. Don’t let clutter cost you any more money. Call Carolina Closets to talk to a professional closet designer to get you organized today!
- The Wrinkled Shirt in Your Closet has Something to Say
- Custom Closet: Top 3 Must Haves When on a Budget
- DIY Garage Organization Cheat Sheet
- 4 Benefits of Adjustable Pantry Shelves
- 4 Storage Ideas For Your Kids’ Room Closets
- 6 Inexpensive Closet Solutions For Your Home
- Top 5 Kids’ Bedroom Closet Organization Ideas
- Plan For Garage Organization This Summer
- Why You Need A Custom Closet Today
- 4 Ways to Improve Productivity In Your Custom Home Office