Tis’ the Season to Clean Out and Donate!November 21, 2013
The end of the year is upon us. Thanksgiving is just a week away and Christmas decorations are already in stores. In anticipation of all the gifts you and your little one’s will receive, it is always a good plan to start to clear out the old in preparation for the new. And there’s no better time than now to get into the spirit of giving.
So what’s the best way to tackle that closet or toy box? The first thing to do is clean it out. Donate anything you have not used in a year. Toss anything that is broken. If it is something that can be mended (and used), put that in a separate pile too. And that’s it (for the clearing out)!
Donating is a good thing. You can get a tax deduction and you will also be helping someone gain access to something new (to them) for Christmas. Donating helps all involved. You get a little extra room in your closet/kids toy box before being bombarded with extra juicy sales and Santa’s bags of toys. And a family or child gets something they might not get otherwise. And if you are doing this with kids, it can teach them to give and be grateful what they have.
And for you, the job’s not quite done. To finish off, you should clean the area you just cleared out and add back all the stuff you wanted to keep.
Hope you all have a great holiday season! And call Carolina Closets if you want to surprise a family member with a present that is not only functional, but can help with everything from stress to budget.
- The Wrinkled Shirt in Your Closet has Something to Say
- Custom Closet: Top 3 Must Haves When on a Budget
- DIY Garage Organization Cheat Sheet
- 4 Benefits of Adjustable Pantry Shelves
- 4 Storage Ideas For Your Kids’ Room Closets
- 6 Inexpensive Closet Solutions For Your Home
- Top 5 Kids’ Bedroom Closet Organization Ideas
- Plan For Garage Organization This Summer
- Why You Need A Custom Closet Today
- 4 Ways to Improve Productivity In Your Custom Home Office