4 Organization Tips to Help You Through the Holidays!October 23, 2012
The change of seasons not only means the vibrant colors and scents of fall and gearing up for holiday gatherings and Christmas shopping, but a changing of gears to get back into a more hectic lifestyle rather than fun in the sun. Though this is a challenge for almost everyone, we are offering some tips to help get you back in the swing of things.
- Plan it: Make a schedule and stick to it the best you can. If you have kids, list their activities, time, and location. You can include chores, school projects, and dinner menus. You can buy a simple calendar or whiteboard, create a colored chart (a la Martha Stewart), or share a Google calendar.
- Stop the lost and found: As the colder weather creeps in, sports equipment, backpacks, and coats start to take up valuable space. Closet organizers can help avoid last minute rushing around. Logical, easy to access space for storage is a great first step in being organized. (And don’t forget, being organized saves time, money, and causes less stress – all of which we need as the holiday season comes around.)
- Prepare: One of the best ways to be organized is to prepare for the hustle and bustle of the fast approaching holiday season. It can be as simple as cleaning or reorganizing a space to work better for your needs.
- Take 10: No, this is not a break, though it will help life move smoother. Each evening, the entire family takes 10 minutes to prepare for the next day. This can include putting out clothes, packing school bags or lunch, or anything that will take time away from your morning. By doing this you can send each family member out of the house more relaxed and ready for the day.
If you take some time to organize your life, you have more time to enjoy the fun that fall and winter seasons bring. Though we can’t organize your family routine, Carolina Closets can help you take steps to organize your closets, pantry, garage, or mudroom using closet systems that work for your individual needs. We even do custom closet design for the client who wants 100% individualized style.
- The Wrinkled Shirt in Your Closet has Something to Say
- Custom Closet: Top 3 Must Haves When on a Budget
- DIY Garage Organization Cheat Sheet
- 4 Benefits of Adjustable Pantry Shelves
- 4 Storage Ideas For Your Kids’ Room Closets
- 6 Inexpensive Closet Solutions For Your Home
- Top 5 Kids’ Bedroom Closet Organization Ideas
- Plan For Garage Organization This Summer
- Why You Need A Custom Closet Today
- 4 Ways to Improve Productivity In Your Custom Home Office